In poker, there’s so much falling under the “mindset” umbrella.
- Emotional management
- Reframing / Perspective management
- Goal management
… and so much more.
Take a good look at your poker mindset right now, and answer this question:
How well are you managing your poker mindset from 1-10?
When you are a winning poker player, you have to be professional.
You have to treat your mindset like a professional.
Where to start?
The good news is that there’s a very specific place for you to start to improve your poker mindset.
Working on this one thing is going to influence everything under that “Mindset Umbrella”.
And it is…
Let me tell you a quick story.
I worked with a highly skilled coach for a period.
95 % of the time we solved my thoughts.
We uncovered limitations in my thinking.
We found the holes that were creating negative results.
We explored new thoughts.I practiced thinking new thoughts on purpose.
That’s it peeps.
Behavior is a by-product of thoughts + feelings.
So when you commit to higher quality thoughts, you create higher quality feelings and then higher quality behavior follows.
So all of that…
- Lack of motivation
- Feeling blue after a losing session
- Being unfocused and distracted
… decreases all of a sudden.
Now don’t get me wrong. These elements will probably always be in your life to some extent.
But when you learn how to manage your thoughts you create the ability to change everything in your life to the better.
One of the best exercises to start managing your thoughts
I learned this exercise from another coach. It’s called a thought download.
It’s really simple…
But really powerful.
Thought Download (do this for seven days in a row):
- Grab a piece of paper and leave it on your desk next to your keyboard
- After/during each session I want you to write down all the negative thoughts that appear in your mind. For instance:
- Why am I so unlucky all the time?
- I just can’t win a hand!
- That guy is so lucky…
- After seven days you go through your negative thoughts. Identify the most limiting ones.
- Create two empowering reframes for each limiting thought you identified.
- Keep your reframes in front of you in each session. Practice thinking about them on demand.
- After a while your empowering reframes will be your new default and voila, massive sustainable change is achieved.
This is where you start to improve your poker mindset.
Doing this work is really simple. It doesn’t take a lot of time and energy.
And it has the potential to change your life completely.
If you want feedback on your thought download, you can join the SixPlus Discord Community and write to me. I am happy to help!
Bonus exercise to help you getting started with your poker mindset
As per this date there’s a meditation challenge running in the SixPlus Discord channel.
We motivate and help each other to meditate every day. The challenge runs until April 1 2022.
But new challenges will emerge after this one. So head into the SixPlus Discord Community and find the meditation challenge thread. Hope to see you there!
Number of items in cart: 0
- Your cart is empty.
- Subtotal: $0.00
- Estimated Tax: $0.00
- Total: $0.00